I took Raynie to the doctor Friday for her 6 month checkup. It is amazing how fast they grow. She has gone from being such a tiny little thing to being fairly tall - now about 75th percentile. She still doesn't weigh very much, only 14 pounds, but the doctor didn't seem to think there was a problem. The way she eats, I'm surprised she isn't 30 pounds already! She loves baby food and pretty much anything she can put in her mouth.
I volunteered in Tobey's classroom for the first time yesterday. It was really pretty fun. My only experience with this is my mom helping out in my class when I was 5 or 6. Yeah, I don't remember much about that. I was quite surprised by some of the kids, though. I was helping the kids a few at a time with a coloring project as well as having some of them count for me to see how high they could go. Tobey has been counting for so long, that I guess I think of him as normal. One of the little girls, though, only made it to 20 and even that was with mistakes. I don't know if she was just joking, or if she really didn't know how to count.
It was interesting to see Tobey in a classroom setting. Of course, he really kept trying to get my attention (he didn't get to do the project I was helping with until today), but sometimes I forget how independent he is. I think sometimes it's hard to think of my kids as individual beings separate from myself. I really enjoy seeing him interacting with his teacher and friends. Especially because I see that he pays as little attention to everyone else as he does to me!
12 years ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment