Saturday, November 29, 2008

Vacation Time

I thought I better blog about our trip to Florida. We went with Joe's sister Karli and her daughter Leah. I was really looking forward to a nice, relaxing vacation spent on the beach. Boy, was I wrong! It seemed like we were going non-stop.

We met a lot of heroes...

the NASCAR drivers,


Sponge Bob,


Spiderman,

as well as the Simpsons family, Scooby Doo and Shaggy, the Cat in the Hat, the Grinch, Captain America, and Wolverine, Storm and Cyclops from X-Men. Unfortunately Superman is not in the line-up at Universal Studios, sorry Tobey!

We ate ice cream from Cold Stone - Raynie had more than anyone else!


We did make it to the beach, but only stayed half a day. Our condo was right on Daytona Beach, but it was just too cold to go most other days, only in the mid-60's. Raynie had a blast in the sand, she thought it was great fun to have her feet buried.


And, of course, what trip to Florida would be complete without a visit to Mickey's palace?


Tobey dressed up like a pirate after Pirates of the Carribean.


It was so cold the last night that we could see our breath. I thought I was back in Utah!


All in all, it was a great trip. We spent too much money, of course, but have so many great memories! It was so much fun to hear Tobey's screams and laughter on the roller coasters, and to watch the Disney fireworks from on top of the Dumbo elephant ride - what a cool experience! And watching Raynie digging through the sand and trying to eat it, well, what more can you say? I didn't get the rest I was hoping for, and I came home with a miserable cold, but I feel closer to my family than ever. I am so blessed!

3 comments:

Megan said...

I'm glad you had a good time even though the weather didn't cooperate! That pic of rainy on the beach is adorable!

Kristin said...

Whenever we go on vacation, I come home needing a vacation from my vacation because of going non-stop!

Janna said...

Hey Michele-
Nice to find you in blogland. Wow- what a fun trip! You are so brave to go so far with a baby. Fun times! I'm glad I have your blog address now and can keep updated on your cute family.