Friday, March 26, 2010

Hair Woes

From the time I was little, I always wanted curly hair. Not the tight, kinky curls of a perm, but the long wavy curls of the girls on tv. Unfortunately, i had the luck to be born with stick-straight hair. So, most of my youth was spent with a perm, mostly because My hair was so straight and body-less that even a curling iron didn't leave my hair curly for more than a couple of hours.

In my adult-hood, I have eschewed the perm in favor of my natural straightness, choosing at long last to embrace my fate. Then one morning, about a year after my youngest child was born, I was so busy with kids that after my shower I completely forgot to brush out my hair. It was to my great dismay to realize that my beautifully straight hair was no longer! Yes, when I looked in the mirror, I realized that my hair was wavy. Ach!



I have spent the last year trying to figure out what to do with it, and mostly I have relied on my trust flat iron. I am once again desperately trying to conform my hair to what it is not. The crazy thing is that this is the hair I wanted most of my life, and now I hate it! I don't even own a bottle of mousse. So if you see me and my hair is frizzy or out of control, now you at least know why. And maybe next time I'll be content with what I have.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments: