Well, it's been a while since I posted. It's been a rough couple of weeks, and I guess I haven't known really what to write. Joey's been out of town for 10 days now, he finally comes home tomorrow. Usually he doesn't go for such long periods, but he drove to Montana and couldn't drive home over the weekend. I've really missed him this time, more than usual. (Not that I don't always miss you, of course, honey!) It started off rough, we got in an over-the-phone fight at the start of his trip, over something dumb, of course, and I prolonged it for 3 days by virtue of my PMS, which of course I didn't realize I had until after the fight was over (isn't that how it always works?). Well, at least I have something to blame my bad behavior on!
Of course, I seem to be a little weepy even after the PMS has gone. I got a card in the mail from a friend yesterday, and it was so sweet. She said how she was thankful for my friendship and how I always stop and say hi when I see her (she hasn't lived in the area very long). Sometimes with my family I feel like I'm talking to a wall (you know the scenario, husband who is so busy staring at the basketball game that nothing else exists, a kid who is too busy watching cartoons or playing to acknowledge anything that passes my lips, a baby who is busy exploring the world around her and doesn't understand that anything exists outside herself and her own needs). I know that they love me and need me, but sometimes I wonder if I just got an automatic house that did the cooking and cleaning and diapering for them and then took myself on a vacation, would they miss me? They probably wouldn't even realize I was gone! So, it made me cry (in a good way) to get this sweet card and know that I have made a difference in someone's life.
I guess it's easy to get overwhelmed at this time of year. I have so many roles anyway, mother, wife, daughter, sister, friend, school volunteer, church volunteer, cook, employee, housekeeper, checkbook-balancer, personal shopper, nurse, chauffeur, babysitter, etc. Now I get to add Santa, cookie-maker, and present-wrapper to my list. I don't think I've been to bed before midnight for at least the last week and a half. I was so tired this morning that I overslept by 2 hours! Tobey woke me up at 8:25 just as the school bell was ringing. Yikes! By the time I got myself and him going and dropped him off at school, it was 9:20. Well, I guess I needed the sleep, anyway. I so can't wait for next week to have Joe off work for a couple of weeks to help with the kids. I need a break!
12 years ago




1 comments:
I'm sorry you've been having a tough time. Christmas can be so stressful! I hope things start looking up soon, and that you can enjoy the holidays.
Post a Comment